Smart Fan 5
With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
All Hybrid Fan Pin Headers
• Hybrid Fan Headers detect whether the cooling device uses PWM or Voltage mode and automatically switches settings accordingly.
• Supports up to 2 amps with built-in overcurrent protection a must for high-end high current fans.
New Smart Fan 5 Software
Interoperable Sensors and Fans
Each fan can be customized to operate at different speeds according to any defined temperature source input (except the CPU fan).
Customize fan curves based on specific temperatures with the intuitive graphical UI.
Choose from different modes, Quiet to Full Speed, to match your system usage scenario. For each fan or pump, you can use the intuitive fan curve to define trigger thresholds and corresponding fan speeds.
Enhanced BIOS Interface
The enhanced BIOS interface also has the advanced features seen in the Smart Fan 5 UI, such as: the ability to set triggers based on different temperature sensors on the board, fan curve definition and the temperature interval setting, which can prevent fan rotation noise caused by sudden temperature change all without having to load Windows.
Built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC Intel Processors
Thanks to the onboard Turbo B-Clock Tuning IC, GIGABYTE enables users to overclock and push the limits of their processor. With the new linear range adjustment option of the Tuning IC, ranges from 95MHz to 150MHz are now possible.
- VR requires more performance than Full HD graphics for a steady 90FPS or greater.
- Only Gaming PCs can provide the best VR experience.
Intel® GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
Intel® Gigabit LAN features cFosSpeed, a network traffic management application which helps to improve network latency and maintain low ping times to deliver better responsiveness in crowded LAN environments.
Fast Onboard Storage with NVMe
PCIe Gen3 x4 110mm M.2 (Up to 32 Gb/s)
GIGABYTE M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces for M.2 SSD devices.
2-Way CrossFire™ Multi Graphics
Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
The ASMEDIA 2142 USB 3.1 controller utilizes 2 PCIe Gen3 lanes, offering a total of up to 16 Gb/s, which means you have extra bandwidth to take full control of the 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 ports. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0, the much improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C™ and the traditional USB Type-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Anti-Sulfur Resistor Design
Sulfur compounds in the air can penetrate tiny onboard resistors creating chemical change and causing these resistors to open or short. If either of these occurs the motherboard will fail to function. By equipping resistors with an Anti-Sulfur Design GIGABYTE gives Ultra Durable Motherboards a whole new meaning.
High Quality Onboard Audio Design
Delivers high quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.
High Definition Digital Outputs
Enjoy true HD display capability using the most commonly integrated digital output technologies on today’s HD displays and TVs.
Hardware Troubleshooting at a Glance
Onboard LEDs controlled by the system BIOS indicate if a malfunction is occurring, allowing users to quickly diagnose which major component (CPU/DDR/VGA/HDD) is malfunctioning so they may take action promptly.
The images only represent actual products. The colours may vary or differ slightly.
- Supports 7th/ 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Fast USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
- 2-Way CrossFire™ Multi-Graphics Support
- Turbo B-CLOCK, Built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC
- Dual NVMe PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
|1. Support for 7th and 6th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1151 package
2. L3 cache varies with CPU
|1. Intel® H270 Express Chipset|
|1. 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
2. Dual channel memory architecture
3. Support for DDR4 2400* / 2133 MHz memory modules
4. Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
5. Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
6. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
|Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
1. 1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
2. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60 Hz
3. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
Maximum shared memory of 1 GB
|1. Realtek® ALC887 codec
2. High Definition Audio
4. Support for S/PDIF Out
|1. Intel® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
2. 2 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2)
3. 2 x PCI Express x1 slots
(All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
4. 1 x PCI slot
1. 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support)
2. 1 x SATA Express connector
3. 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
4. Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
|1. Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies (PCIEX16 and PCIEX4_1)|
|Chipset+ASMedia® ASM2142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller:
1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
2. 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
1. 8 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
2. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
|1. 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
2. 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
3. 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
4. 1 x SATA Express connector
5. 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
6. 1 x CPU fan header
7. 3 x system fan headers
8. 1 x front panel header
9. 1 x front panel audio header
10. 1 x S/PDIF Out header
11. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 headers
12. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
13. 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
14. 1 x serial port header
15. 1 x parallel port header
16. 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
|1. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2. 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
3. 1 x D-Sub port
4. 1 x DVI-D port
5. 1 x HDMI port
6. 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
7. 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
8. 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red)
9. 1 x RJ-45 port
10. 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
|1. iTE® I/O Controller Chip|
|1. Voltage detection
2. Temperature detection
3. Fan speed detection
4. Overheating warning
5. Fan fail warning
6. Fan speed control
|1. 2 x 64 Mbit flash
2. Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
3. Support for DualBIOS™
4. PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|1. Support for APP Center
Platform Power Management
System Information Viewer
2. Support for 3TB+ Unlock
3. Support for Q-Flash
4. Support for Xpress Install
|1. Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
2. Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
|1. Windows® 10 64-bit (for 7th Generation Intel® Processors)
2. Windows® 10 64-bit / Windows® 8.1 64-bit / Windows® 7 32-bit / 64-bits (for 6th Generation Intel® Processors)
|1. ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 22.5cm|