ASUS Prime is the next evolution of the ASUS motherboard, born of a pedigree that stretches back to 1989. Our team of world-class engineers are passionate about empowering everyone to enjoy the benefits of customization and tuning, and the driving force behind the development of Prime is to make advanced enthusiast controls easily accessible maximizing performance, stability and compatibility for the very best DIY PC experiences. Simply stated: it's time for Prime.
One-click Overclock and Cooling
Get performance, efficiency, digital power, fan control and even networking and audio tuning tailored for you
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time usage so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans, and now networking and audio settings that are tailored to your apps. In short, 5-Way ASUS Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment and productivity!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loading.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
OC Design ASUS PRO Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator designed for 7th Generation Intel®processors allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 425MHz. This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS TurboV processing unit to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control providing an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
DDR4 Overclocking Strength in Numbers
Third-generation ASUS T-Topology allows memory frequencies that are higher than ever to 3866MHz and beyond. Refined manufacturing ensures ultra-consistent quality and minimal crosstalk between custom trace paths, so you'll enjoy the thrill of overclocking DDR4 with time-aligned signaling for superior stability and compatibility.
Hardware Upgrade Zone
SLI HB bridge (2-WAY-M)
The new ASUS SLI HB bridge doubles the available transfer bandwidth to provide silky-smooth surround gaming. Compatible with NVIDIA® Titan X, GeForce GTX 1080 and GeForce GTX 1070 graphics cards, SLI HB bridge is your fast track to gaming greatness.
Native M.2/NVMe PCIe RAID Support for Lightning Fast Storage Speed
Not satisfied with single-storage device read/write speeds? Then join the fast lane and build a RAID 0 array using two PCIe storage drives to enjoy data transfers at lightning speeds!
Intel Optane Memory Ready
Intel® Optane™ Memory is a revolutionary (non-volatile memory) technology supported by Prime 200-series motherboards. Intel Optane Memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
Speed Up with Onboard M.2 Up to 32Gb/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gb/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
10Gb/s USB 3.1 Onboard
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Type-A and reversible USB 3.1 Type-C ports, you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s (twice as fast as standard USB 3.0).
ThunderboltEX 3 for Blistering Speeds and USB-C Connectivity
Prime Z270-AR supports the ThunderboltEX 3 card for breathtaking bi-directional Thunderbolt™ 3 transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps, 4x USB speeds, 2x video bandwidth; and for reversible USB 3.1 Type-C compatibility as well as high-powered 36W charging!
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, EZ and Advanced modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
Outshine The Competition
ASUS Aura Sync technology for distinctive lighting effects
Aura Sync takes RGB lighting beyond the checkbox, combining and controlling the LEDs of your Aura-enabled products from a single application so you can achieve perfect, synchronized lighting harmony. Aura lets you sync light effects across your graphics card, Prime Z270-AR motherboard, and an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-enabled products
Brighten Up Your Build
ASUS Aura lighting control
A well-tuned system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for built-in RGB LEDs as well as LED strips connected to the onboard 4-pin RGB headers all of which can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura Sync-capable ASUS hardware.
Exclusive Audio Features
Realtek codec and unique design features for pristine, powerful audio
ASUS Prime Z270-AR utilizes a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality. Additionally, a new impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure the optimal volume range for your headphones.
The images only represent actual products. The colours may vary or differ slightly.
- 5-Way Optimization : One-click system-wide tuning that now also senses GPU temperatures to ensure cooler gaming
- ASUS Aura Sync : World’s 1st synced RGB lighting with easy controls to orchestrate Aura Sync-capable hardware
- 3D Printing Friendly : 1st motherboard brand to support 3D-printed parts, with dedicated 3D mounts for easy installation
- Refined Audio : Realtek S1220A codec provides pristine and powerful audio quality
- 5X Protection III : Multiple hardware safeguards to protect components from damage by power or electrical surges
||Intel® Socket 1151 for 7th/6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
||4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
||Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
||Supports NVIDIA® 2-Way SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ Technology
||2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
||1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)*1
1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)*2
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 15 support
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology*3
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready *4
||Intel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
ASUS LAN Guard
||Realtek® ALC S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Internal audio Amplifier to enhance the highest quality sound for headphone and speakers
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input (Line-in)
- Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
- Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback *5
Audio Feature :
- DTS Connect
- DTS Headphone:X
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
- EMI protection cover to prevent electrical noise to affect the amplifier quality
- Power pre-regulator: Reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
Separate layer for left and right track, ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
||ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, teal blue, Type-A, Support 3A power output)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, , Type-C, Support 3A power output)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (6 at mid-board)
||OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock Technology
- Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 4, and Turbo App together, providing better CPU performance, efficient power saving, precise digital power control, whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
ASUS 5X Protection III :
- ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 8 Phase digital power design
ASUS TPU :
- Auto Tuning
- GPU Boost
ASUS EPU :
- Aura Lighting Control
- Aura RGB Strip Headers
- Aura Lighting Effects Synchronization with compatible ASUS ROG devices
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- Turbo LAN
- Crystal Sound 3
- EZ XMP ASUS Exclusive Features
- PC Cleaner
- Cloud GO!
- File Transfer
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert 4
ASUS EZ DIY :
- Precision Tweaker 2
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS O.C. Profile
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Multi-language BIOS
CPU Installation Tool
- Three-step simplicity and safety
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
Special Memory O.C. Design
Overclocking Protection :
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
|Back I/O Ports
||1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x USB 3.1 Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 Type-C
4 x USB 3.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
5 x Audio jack(s)
|Internal I/O Ports
||1 x Aura RGB Strip Header
1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)
3 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 6 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA mode & X4 PCIE mode)
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode only)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector) (Chassis intrusion header is inbuilt)
1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x CPU OV
1 x Power-on button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
1 x 14-1 pin TPM connector
1 x COM port header
1 x High AMP Fan header (4-pin)
1 x T_Sensor Connector
1 x AIO PUMP Header
2 x 3D Mount screw port(s)
3 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x CPU installation tool
1 x Supporting DVD
1 x SLI HB BRIDGE(2-WAY-M)
1 x Q-connector(s) (1 in 1)
||128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.0, Multi-language BIOS,
ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log,
F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
||WfM 2.0, DMI 3.0, WOL by PME, PXE|
||Windows® 10 64-bit
Windows® 8.1 64-bit *6
Windows® 7 32-bit *6
Windows® 7 64-bit *6
||ATX Form Factor
12.0 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )