The higher performance and capacity of Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 drives reduce storage costs per GB and increase capacity per watt. The drive has the industry’s highest reliability rating, reducing drive replacement costs. The Cheetah 15K.7 drive includes Seagate PowerTrim™ technology, which dynamically optimizes drive power consumption at all levels of activity.
Key Features and Benefits
- Highest-performance 3.5-inch Tier 1 drive
- Highest-capacity Tier 1 drive (600 GB)
- Highest reliability rating in the industry
- Seagate PowerTrim technology dynamically reduces power usage.
- Supports 6-Gb/s SAS 2.0 and 4-Gb/s FC.
The Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 is the highest performing, highest capacity 3.5-inch mission critical hard drive with best-in-class reliability for Tier 1 storage environments. This industry-leading enterprise drive reduces storage costs per GB while increasing capacity per watt. Drive power consumption is dynamically optimized at all levels of activity with Seagate’s exclusive PowerTrim technology. Cut IT drive retirement costs.
- Third-generation perpendicular recording for maximum capacity
- Unprecedented performance with a 16 percent increase in sustained data rate over the last generation, up to 204 MB/sec.
- Industry’s highest 3.5-inch drive reliability at 1.6-million-hours MTBF.
- Seagate proprietary PowerTrim technology provides up to 21 percent improvement over the last generation in watts/GB at idle.
- Advanced read/write technology delivers unrecoverable error rate of 1x10E16 and AFR of 0.55 percent
- Available in 4Gb/s FC or 6Gb/s SAS interfaces.
The images only represent actual products. The colours may vary or differ slightly.
- Capacity : 300GB
- Speed : 15,000RPM
- Interface Types : SAS Serial Attached SCSI
- Form Factor : 3.5inx1.0in LFF Hard Drive
- Sector Size : 512 / 512e
- Sustained Throughput : 122 - 204
- Average Seek Time : 3.4 / 3.9
- Electrical Interface : SAS-2 Serial Attached SCSI v2 - 6.0Gbps
|Average Seek Time||3.4ms|
|Average Write Time||3.9ms|
|Features||Third-generation perpendicular recording delivers up to 600GB
Unprecedented performance with sustained data rate of up to 204MB/s - a 16 percent increase over last generation
Industry's highest 3.5-inch drive reliability at 1.6-million-hours MTBF
Seagate PowerTrim technology provides a 62 percent improvement in GBs/W at idle over typical 3.5-inch hard drives
Read/write advances deliver nonrecoverable error rate of 1x10E16
Available in 4Gb/s FC or 6Gb/s SAS interfaces (supports SAS 2.0 feature set)
TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) option cuts IT drive retirement expenses while securely protecting data and is one of the easiest, most cost-effective security measures you can implement
FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive option provides all the benefits of SED and is NIST certified to meet U.S., Canada and U.K. federal data encryption compliance requirements
- Business and transaction processing
- Storage area networks and networked attached storage
- E-mail, decision support, Internet and e-commerce
- Government-grade, data-at-rest security when drives leave your control
- Drive retirement cost reduction and drive life extension strategies
Ideal for Servers.